Here are my Sony E3 Conference Impressions now I’ve had a couple of days to calm down and absorb all the gaming goodness we were subjected to.
There is no doubt that the Sony E3 Conference was one hell of a ride, with some surprising announcements and some cool games.
I have put a load of videos from the conference at the bottom of the page so you can check them out.
Firstly how did my prediction match reality and secondly what I am most excited for.
My Predictions and how did the match up?
5: The 1tb PlayStation will be officially announced with price drop.
Nope got this wrong, no announcements. But with the strong showing of games and exclusive content I don’t think a price drop is needed.
4: Media Molecule will do a live demo of their new game, it will be PS4 only and will probably integrate Morpheus. Release window Q1/2 2016
1 out of 3 – Yes we saw it, no it wasn’t a live demo, no release date yet. Looked cool but what the hell is it!!!!!!!
3: To counter the slightly barren 1st party line-up PS4 will announce PS4 exclusive content for Star Wars Battlefront and Destiny.
Ha ha, totally on the money and an exclusive deal with CoD Black Ops 3 as well. Awesome!!
2: There will be a 10 minute section concentrating solely on Indie Developers, it will kick off with Volume and finish with a live demo of No Man’s Sky. Also No Man’s Sky will get a pre-Christmas release date.
Nope – only a tiny reference to 4 indies coming from Devolve studio, 90 seconds tops. No Mike Bithell (boo). Yes a live demo of No Man’s Sky. No release date for No Man’s Sky for now. It could still be 2015… we’ll see.
1: The Last Guardian will be played on stage and it will have a release date for October or November this year.
Oh hell YES!! Alright so it wasn’t a live demo, but a demo none the less, release next year. The thing to take away form this is THE LAST GUARDIAN IS HAPPENING!!!!
Right so I didn’t do very well actually, but the Sony E3 Conference was stunning.
Sony E3 Conference Impressions, Recap:
The Line up:
- The Last Guardian
- Final Fantasy VII Remake
- Shenmue 3
- Horizon – Zero Dawn
- No Man’s Sky
- Destiny Exclusive Content
- Star Wars Battle Front – Exclusive Content
- Disney Infinity Star Wars – Exclusive content
- Batman Arkham Knight – Exclusive Content
- CoD Black Ops – Exclusive Content – Exclusive beta
- Media Molecule New IP
- Uncharted 4 live gameplay
I’ve missed a load of stuff I’m sure, but what a line up. Yes most of the exclusive content is timed but it really shows that developers have confidence in the PlayStation 4. That confidence can only be a good thing for Sony and PS4 gamers in general.
Here are my top 5 highlight from the show (reverse order):
5) Final Fantasy VII Remake – I am playing the original on my Vita right now and it is a class game. Not my favourite FF, that honour goes to IX, but this is something that fans have been clamoring for and it looks like PS4 gets it first.
4) The Last Guardian – Considering my last post you may have through this would be higher. It is here now, that what I wanted from this year’s E3, now the game has to be delivered.
3) No Man’s Sky – Sean Murray is such a passionate and awkwardly engaging character and I just want his game to be great. I am not going to listen to anything more about it as I want to dive in when it is released and just discover the game. It seems that’s what Hello Games wants us to do.
2) Uncharted 4 – The live demo (despite a bit of a blip to start) looked utterly incredible. Obviously it looked great and of course the banter between Sully and Nate was hilarious, I mean duh! The thing that got me was the sheer scale of it, the gunfight, the jeep chase, the non linear levels. Holy crap it took me straight back to the train section of Uncharted 2 but twice as excited. March 2016 cannot come soon enough.
1) Horizon Zero Dawn – Geurrilla Games, famous for Killzone, produce an incredible looking 3rd person action RPG. The world was beautiful, the animation smooth, the character voice was dynamic and interesting. The boss battle, utterly compelling.
Horizon Zero Dawn was the highlight of the show for me, yes of course Uncharted will be amazing, but this is brand new, from a good studio, with a post post apocalyptic setting and robo-dinosuars you fight with a bow. HELL YES!
This E3 has been amazing, the next 18 to 24 months are going to be a gamers paradise.